Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My first Tin



This tin was done back in January or February in a class. My excellent and most awesome demonstrator showed us how to do the tin and now I have several others to make. This one was for my dear sister-in-law, who does not craft, but loves things done by others! I filled it with 33 cards and envelopes. Some were done in a birthday card class and the rest, I did myself with inspiration from Splitcoast. I'll start posting some of the cards as time permits this week.



I used Stampin' Up's Recollections paper - which I LOVE!! It's by far my favorite paper!!! I then used Certainly Celery ribbon on the outside of the box. And the ribbons on the handle and on the lid inside are from the In Color - Cranberry Crisp. I had a chipboard "M" I had bought sometime ago because my sister-in-law and all my nieces' names begin with an M. So I used Cranberry Crisp Ink and "dyed" the M. Attached to some Certainly Celery paper and cut out by hand the background of the M.
I used the matching paper to "make" the pen - bought her postage stamps to put in the tin. Filled it up and she seemed please. One of my favorite gifts to give is cards with envelopes - I never keep any of my own stuff!!!


No comments: