Wednesday, April 25, 2007

"Lost Boy No More"

I just finished reading "Lost Boy No More" last night. It's the true story of a young man who when he was 9 or 10 became a "lost boy" in Sudan. The story tells of the thousands of boys who were "lost" when their villages were attached in southern Sudan. There are 2 missionaries that our family and church is supporting working in southern Sudan right now. My brother spent almost 4 months there helping them this last year. After finishing the book, I'm glad I didn't know then what I know now. The violence, the slavery, the darkness over the land is hard to get a grip on when you live in a free country. The book isn't real graphic but it's real and with my imagination, I could see these boys walking thousands of miles, fighting off lions, wild dogs, with their feet bloody, starving, eating whatever they could find, hiding in the night out of fear - oh, it is amazing how God delivered them. Then many come to America and are overwhelmed by our culture. I'd not one to keep up with world affairs - not one of my best traits - so this book was a good read for me.

No comments: